Looking for the right online job, or the right business to do online is no longer a difficult thing. There’s a high demand for freelancers in almost every category of jobs you could have offline.
In Corporate Affairs, Education and Training, Tech and ICT, e-Commerce, Multimedia or Health industry, there’re countless number of profitable jobs you can opt for.
An eMarketer’s report shows that the growth of online business in the world has increased to 24.8% in 2017 while the global sales on the internet scaled to $2.304 trillion same year.
For example, the growth of financial technology (FinTech) industry in Egypt skyrocketed from 1.1% to 22.8% between 2014 and 2017. And the industry became one of the fastest growing business markets in the whole of Africa.
As the system continues to outrun the traditional “brick and mortal” stores, there’s a lot of opportunities online for everybody coming to do business.
According to SmallBizTrends, by now almost a half of the world population would buy or do everything they need online before the end of year 2018.
Online business in 2018, however, would leave individuals and corporate bodies with no choice than to rely on the internet for efficient customer service. Consumers would make choice on products based on what they read about the products online.
And that would force manufacturers to focus on how to use the social media to strengthen their customer services.Through the social media, producers would be curious to get feedback on their products.
The implication is that the social media would serve competitive advantage for companies that follow the trend. Such companies would gain more sales engagement and reach.
This can be achieved with search engine optimization (SEO), blogging, micro-blogging, mobile apps, and chat bots for business service.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- 1 Online Job Opportunities
- 1.1 Online Corporate Affairs Consulting
- 1.2 Online Education/Training Consulting
- 1.3 Online Tech/ ICT Consulting
- 1.4 e-Commerce
- 1.5 Online Multimedia Consulting
Online Job Opportunities
Meanwhile, there are numerous online job opportunities for individuals looking for what they can do to make money online. You’ll find some in this post.
You don’t need to be an expert before you can get a job or start a business online. With one or two business ideas, you can carve any profitable niche for yourself.
And you’ll be fine.
Some useful videos on YouTube will train you well.
Look for other resources you need to start your online business like a pro. Brush your skill as you go on gradually.
These are few of the job categories available online in which you can develop ideas for your online business.
Online Corporate Affairs Consulting
This category consists of jobs related to business management, customer and public relations services. Companies need some people that can help them manage their businesses via social media to create effective engagement for their businesses online.
Online Job Opportunities in Corporate Affairs
- Social Media Manager: If you’re vast in how to use the social media for business, you can start offering services to companies that want to boost their leads. Your focus is to help others grow their social media accounts.
- Social Media Consultant: Growing company’s social media accounts won’t be necessary here. What you’ll do is to update their accounts alone. Help them post relevant information on their accounts. If you have some ideas that can help them promote their businesses, you’ve got a lot of work to do.
- Social Media Influencer: You need to focus on growing your own social media accounts to influence the behavious of your followers. Some companies need such a service to engage new potential consumers. So you’ll be sending your followers to those company as an influencer.
- Blogger: You can start your own blog today. It gives you the chance to place adverts, affiliate links, and info-products on your blog to make money.
- Podcaster: This job requires you doing some recordings or live audio presentations on your blog in which you can sell advertisements or sponsorship.
- Membership Website Operator: Create a niche blog and offer whatever good idea you have for those who subscribe to the community.
- Online Public Relations Officer: You can build a business that will help companies communicate with stakeholders online.
- Virtual Assistant: Many businesses need an assistant in carrying out some specific administrative tasks, such as sending emails. You can offer that assistance online.
- Online Newsletter Service: Having a sizable traffic to your blog, get viewers’ contacts with your newsletter list and sell products and services to them. This will work fine with your affiliate links.
- Lead Generation: This job can be used to help companies generate leads online.
Online Education/Training Consulting
If you have skills or ideas and think people can learn from you, under this category there’re many online job opportunities you can tap from. People need learning materials, print, eBooks, audio or video tutorials to help them get some works done. You have the opportunity to start writing and publishing your lesson notes to make money.
Online Job Opportunities in Education/Training
- E-Book author: Start writing short books and publish them online. While Lulu and Canva can be used for designing your eBooks, Amazon will help you sell well.
- Online Course Creator: Do good research and create your lesson notes online on various relevant topics or subjects. Start selling them on your website, blog or via email listing. You can equally release your works in video and publish them on YouTube. When people subscribe to them, they pay and watch.
- Proof Reader: You can build a business as proofreader, editor or critic for individual authors or corporate entities.
- Resume Writer: You can choose this niche to write resume, CV, application or cover letter samples for various job seekers.
- Researcher: You can offer your service to writers who need someone to carry out a field work for them.
- Web Copywriter: You can get a contract of creating the whole or part content of a new website that needs to grow its content.
- Business Coach: You can start offering training service to clients in video, print or live via Skype or video chat apps.
- Freelance Writer: If you’re a creative writer but not ready to have your own website or blog, instead of keeping your ideas to yourself, you can start writing for bloggers as a freelancer.
Online Tech/ ICT Consulting
In this category, you need to gather and provide resources that can solve all tech or ICT related problems. This includes providing solutions to issues in computer, software, hardware, programming, designing, domain registration, web hosting, configurations and gadget repairs.
Online Job Opportunities for You in TECH/ ICT
- Desktop Publisher: You can start providing training on all issues and tasks associated with setting up a system, networking, typing and printing and how to use some special features or keys and so on.
- Virtual Tech Support: You can set up a service that provides solutions remotely to your clients. Work around computer related problems, hardware and software solution to people.
- Web Designing: If you’re vast in web designing, you can start offering services to clients on WordPress, installation, domain registration, and web hosting.
- Web Developer: If you have advanced skills in computer science, this job is suitable for you to help clients with their site development.
- App Developer: If you have the technical knowledge about mobile apps, you can start building apps for people or companies or sell online directly.
This model allows you to make direct sales. It include B2C and B2B models.
- Online Store: You can set up an online account on any online store such as eBay, Amazon, Shopify, EasyStore, Jumia, Konga and so on to start selling stuffs. You can make your own products such as T-shirts, handmade stuffs like bags, shoes, wears and so on. You have a lot to tap from fashion. Bring all your products, wears, shoes, accessories, perfumes to any of the online stores to sell. There are always people who want to buy these stuffs every day. Do your marketing very well to attract them to your store.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is completely a model for selling other people’s products and services. As a starter, affiliate marketing is good for you since you don’t have your own products yet. There’re different affiliate networks you can register with, which include Amazon Affiliate, JVZoo, MarketingSolved and lots more.
- Re-Selling: Re-selling products is another way to make money on the internet. This works with low cost products that you can re-sell for more. You can re-sell anything on eBay for a higher price. Go for discounts, or buy when companies are doing promo then you re-sell at a higher price when the promo ends.
Online Multimedia Consulting
This is another industry where photo, video, and graphic illustration makers can establish themselves and start earning cool money online. Since the use of the internet has increased, there is now a high demand for visual works to complement online contents. Demand for logo, photos, videos and other graphic works is very high. That creates a huge opportunity for you if you have the skill.
Online Job Opportunities for You in Multimedia
- Graphic Designer: There is a high demand for this type of job. Every website owner and every online content needs a graphic or visual work to communicate a message to readers.
- Photographer: You can turn your hobby of photo taking into a business. Go out there, take pictures of nature, scenery, kids, families, relics, artifacts, great buildings, historical events, and repackage them for business. There’re companies that look for where to get stuffs like these.
- Video Ad Creator: Become a specialized video maker and start creating short videos for online businesses to use on YouTube or social media for brand promotion and the likes.
With all these ideas, and online job opportunities, you have the chance to start making money online. Many of these online jobs do not require any special training, skill or certification. Take your time to master the one you eventually choose and publicize yourself.
That’s how the business starts.
What’s your own view about online job opportunities and business ideas? Please use the social buttons to share this post or fill the comment form and submit your comment below.